Tips for Successful Treatment with Invisalign
Thousands of Canadians have braces on their teeth to straighten them. Metal brackets and wires comprising the mounts are excellent for treating orthodontic defects with the teeth and jaws. However, unlike earlier, when they were the sole option to straighten teeth, things have transformed in the last two decades with a discreet revolutionary alternative also available to straighten teeth with Invisalign.
Invisalign clear braces remain inconspicuous in the mouth and are comfortable and more accessible to get accustomed to. In addition, they don’t cause unnecessary discomfort when straightening your teeth. However, if you want to succeed with Invisalign, you must commit to the treatment plan and follow the tips in this article to achieve your goal of having straighter teeth as soon as possible.
Tips for Succeeding with Invisalign Treatment
- Cleaning: Invisalign aligners are not mounted on your teeth like conventional braces. In contrast, the braces are removable and need removal when eating, drinking liquids other than water, cleaning your teeth and also cleaning the aligners. The virtually invisible aligners are prone to staining like your natural teeth unless cleaned regularly. Therefore you must clean the braces using antibacterial soap with warm water to eliminate bacterial buildup on the aligners. You can clean the braces whenever you remove them for eating.
- Wearing The Aligners: you receive instructions on wearing the braces for a minimum of 22 hours per day because of their removable nature. However, the Invisalign treatment allows you to defy the Weston Toronto dentist’s instructions by exceeding the time limit as best as possible to reach your treatment goals faster than expected.
- Follow Your Schedule: Unlike conventional braces mounted on your teeth and left in place until you complete the treatment, Invisalign aligners are delivered to you in batches to change every fortnight. You must ensure you adhere to the schedule the orthodontist near you provides for the best results. You will delay your treatment and its progress if you forget to switch a tray as recommended by the orthodontist.
- Expect Some Discomfort: Invisalign treatment is promoted as comfortable to move your teeth into a better position. However, the process does and will cause some discomfort when you start wearing the aligners or change them every fortnight. Although the discomfort is negligible, you might think you need help from an emergency dental clinic to determine how to act against the pain. If you wish to overcome the discomfort, you can change your trays at night before sleeping to get accustomed to the new set and have soft foods around to manage any soreness that develops.
- Dental Hygiene: Invisalign aligners entirely encase your teeth, helping them function appropriately. Unfortunately, it also indicates that your mouth bacteria can remain trapped against your teeth and gums. As a result, your mouth saliva will not function to flush and wash them. Therefore you must brush and floss after every meal and rinse the aligners before putting them back on your teeth.
- Do Not Discard Old Aligners: You change your current aligners over your teeth for a new set every fortnight. However, it doesn’t mean you can discard the old aligners because you might lose the new set or break them. If it occurs, you wouldn’t want your orthodontic treatment to reverse. Therefore if you hold on to your old aligners, they can help you continue your treatment without hindrance.
- Storing Aligners: the aligners from Invisalign are virtually invisible and are easy to overlook or misplace. You can purchase a storage case for the aligners to keep them when eating or cleaning your teeth.
- Don’t Feel Ashamed of the Orthodontic Treatment: orthodontic treatment is nothing to be ashamed of, and Invisalign therapy doesn’t make your treatment visible to all. Therefore do not be conscious about moving around with the aligners on your teeth. Instead, continue socializing or attending meetings without fear because no one will realize you are wearing Invisalign braces on your teeth.
- Dental Checkups: When receiving treatment with Invisalign, you don’t need visits to orthodontists for adjustments every month. However, you must see the dentist in Weston Toronto every 6 to 8 weeks to assess your progress and pick up your fresh batch of aligners to continue your therapy.
If you qualify for Invisalign treatment and receive your aligners from King and Weston Dental, the tips mentioned help you get the best out of your treatment. In reality, they enable you to achieve successful results with Invisalign treatment, helping you have straighter and more beautiful teeth minus the dental infections that affected you earlier.