Dental Crowns in Weston, Toronto, ON
At King and Weston Dental in Toronto, ON, we regularly provide people with crowns to support and strengthen their teeth. It’s something our dentists have plenty of experience with.
Crowns can be made of different materials like porcelain, ceramic, and even metals. They’re useful in many dental situations. Cracked teeth that are likely to break can be protected using crowns. While small cavities are treated using fillings, large ones can be treated using crowns. A tooth that’s badly stained or chipped can be covered by a crown, so it looks better.
Things to Know about Crowns
At King and Weston Dental, we tell patients that getting a crown doesn’t mean they don’t need to take good care of their teeth. You will still need to brush your teeth and floss. Crowns can stain and are affected by smoking and caffeine, just like natural teeth. The bad news is that they’re resistant to whitening products. If a crown becomes stained, it’ll need to be replaced.
Crowns last about ten years for most patients. When a crown starts to deteriorate or if it breaks, it’ll need to be replaced with a new one.
The Process of Getting a Tooth Crown
The process of getting a tooth crown typically involves the following steps:
- Consultation: Our dental team will evaluate your oral health to determine if porcelain crowns are the proper treatment.
- Preparation: We’ll remove any decay or damage from your tooth and make an impression of your tooth to create a customized crown.
- Temporary Crown: After the tooth extraction, we’ll place a temporary crown over your tooth to protect it as we wait for your permanent tooth crown.
- Fitting: Once your permanent crown arrives, we’ll fit it over your natural tooth and check for any adjustments to ensure a comfortable and snug fit.
- Bonding: We’ll use dental cement to bond the porcelain crown to your natural tooth, ensuring a solid and long-lasting hold.
King and Weston Dental clinic is a Toronto dental clinic currently accepting new patients and offering tooth crowns and extractions. Call or schedule an appointment today.